Friday, August 8, 2008

While we're on the topic of flowers...




I am in love with an artist by the name of Jude Miller. Her fantastically realistic 'botanical sculptures' can be seen in shows around the world and are available on commission as well. I think my adoration is mostly due to the fact that she makes her flowers primarily with tissue paper. Her pieces range from roses to passion flowers to Northern European wildflowers and Miller is so meticulous in her quest for realism that she has even been known to dissect petals and stems and make plasticine moulds just to get the proper shape and form each flower petal might require. I think they are exquisite and I'm not going to lie-I'm already wondering how I could get her to design a headpiece for my fantasy wedding.

Images: Jude Miller Flowers

No comments: