Saturday, August 30, 2008

Dessert of the Week


I was so preoccupied with everything yellow yesterday that I forgot to post the Dessert of the Week!! I know you cried all night.

Sticking with my new color scheme, this week's DOTW is... (insert drum roll here)

Petite Lemon Curd Cookies!

Lemon bars might be my favorite dessert after Profiteroles, which I originally liked only because they sounded all chic and French. (Now, having actually had one,  j'dore them. A lot.) At our school and church bake-sales, Lemon Bars were always the first to go. Luckily, these mini cookies are relatively easy to make AND have the sophistication of those small macaroons I fantasize about giving away at my wedding. (these)

They are a wonderful option for tea parties and brunches. I might just double the batch and package them in beautiful vintage tins as Christmas presents!

You can find the recipe here.

Image: Epicurious

No comments: