Sunday, August 3, 2008

I am so easy to please.



I have a tv-related confession.

I hate M*A*S*H.

There. I have said it.

I have hated it for as long as I can remember. I know the writing was good and the acting was superb. I'm aware that they tackled serious issues while offering constant comic relief. I've seen clips of the best and funniest moments as well as the ones that brought the nation to tears. (I also know the series finale was the most watched show in television history-Thank you, Paley Center for Media! Holla!)

But here's the thing: The show is drab. And I'm all about color. Specifically bright, vibrant color and not olive green and brown and camo.

OK, that makes me shallow and vaguely ashamed as a self-proclaimed TV connoisseur, but DAMN IT! The show has no color! How can one be expected to deal with that for a whole half hour!! A girl must have color!

This is what I was thinking at work today while trying to justify my current obsessions with Mad Men (excellent costumes, great art direction) and Ugly Betty (excellent costumes, great art direction). A lovely coworker asked me what the set of my apartment would look like if my life were a sitcom and since if my life were a sitcom, I would magically have an apartment about 8 times the size of my true apartment and my furniture budget would be through the roof, I've come up with an idea or two. I've just discovered furniturea a company in Portland, ME that lets you customize your own furniture. You pick from about 38 styles of bookcases, dressers, beds, tables and chairs and then you choose from 22 awesomely vibrant colors. Ever dreamt of a purple bed? (I have. Leave me alone. I was 8) I like these two pieces though I'm salivating over the idea of a hot pink bookcase or even (gasp!) coffeetable...

Images: furniturea

No comments: