Thursday, September 4, 2008

Party Planning: Chestnuts Roasting by the Open Fire


I know it's not really winter yet. Hell, it's not even Fall yet--it was about ninety degrees here in NY! But I found this the other day and have been dreaming of chilly nights ever since. I can't wait for those first few crisp autumn evenings that inaugurate the new season and since they will soon be upon us, I'm thinking a celebration is in order.

Here is what I'd like:

A long line of these candleholders running the length of a rectangular table on my terrace. After a dinner of something involving Butternut Squash,  my old chums and I shall linger over a full-bodied, slightly spicy red wine and s'mores made by roasting marshmallows over the candles and sandwiching them between dark chocolate Le Petit Ecolier cookies. Sound good to you?

Images: Uncommon Goods, LU Biscuits

No comments: