Tuesday, September 2, 2008

La Vie En Rose

As a wee little one, I was convinced that stark white rooms were the height of sophistication. Even though I gravitated to all things neon and/or glitter, I felt very strongly that I must cultivate a stronger taste for all things sleek and chic. When I was 10, I gave a presentation to my mother on the benefits of having an all white bedroom, hoping she would let me paint over the peptol bismol colored walls. (She did not fall for it.) To this day, I often find myself yearning for the whole Scandinavian aesthetic because it has such an easy elegance about it.

Sigh.

I should just admit it now. I am who I am.  And I am a person who needs color and patterns. Boat loads. I need pinks and reds and blues and greens and yellows. I need stripes and florals and polka dots. I need fully-saturated, bright rooms with interesting combinations and textures that may or may not include random metallics. Sure, I like light colors too. I can tone it down a little and restrict my wattage, when necessary. 

But will you LOOK at this!


Who wouldn't want to wake up after a night of too much sangria and stumble into this French farmhouse dining room for fresh fruit and croissants and cafe au lait? 

I rest my case.

No comments: