Friday, September 5, 2008

Dessert of the Week: I scream, You scream...


I haven't had much ice cream this summer. Growing up, it was the highlight of my week to walk to Brown's Homemade Ice Cream Shop for a waffle cone of Spumoni, which I thought was soooo much more sophisticated than the simple Rocky Road or Cotton Candy my friends got. At least mine was Italian. I couldn't get enough of it. Sadly, the summer has come to a close and so I thought I'd sneak in one last tasty treat while the summer berries are still around.  

This Strawberry and Pistachio Ice Cream Cake is perfection--cold and creamy and topped with oodles of whipped cream! I'd add in an extra layer of chocolate and I'm practically back to my Spumoni days! Even without the chocolate, this cake would be excellent paired with a chilled white wine.  

Check out the recipe from Miss Martha Stewart herself here.

No comments: