Friday, August 28, 2009

Tea parties every day??? Yes Please!


A few months ago I spent about three hours trying to put together a seemingly simply desk organizer from Ikea. It caused a lot of tension in my apartment. I laughed. I cried. I bled. I got bitter and resentful when Hanna suggested that I might need some help.

When I finally finished my project I picked up the drawers and discovered, to my dismay, that our dining room table had a bunch of small nail indentations in it. Apparently in my zeal to put it together I neglected to put down paper or cardboard to work on. Now our table is pock-marked and it is all my fault.

At the moment, we have it covered up by some adorable vinyl place mats that look like neon doilies. (I found them at Flirt in Park Slope along with a bunch of throw pillows that will probably make an appearance in my living room very soon.) They don't cover the whole table though and I'm thinking that I might spice things up with a sassy table cloth every now and then. Over at Design*Sponge, Kate Pruitt is featuring an easy DIY tablecloth with iron-on transfers and the result is absolutely BANANAS.

Check it out!

Image: Design*Sponge

No comments: