Thursday, November 11, 2010

yet another wallpaper alternative


I had the most annoyingly long commute this morning and was in a thoroughly bad mood when I arrived at work but my mood was somewhat lifted when I saw Jennifer Hill's gorgeous stencil job featured on Design Sponge today. Inspired by a mural on the wall of their Honeymoon suite in Morocco, Jennifer transformed a small wall in their bedroom with paint, an allover patterned stencil from Royal Designs, and what looks to me like a lot of patience. The result is nothing short of breathtaking and frankly, I am so jealous that I am tempted to copy her idea in my bathroom this very weekend.

I won't- but only because I am too lazy.

This ain't Jennifer's first time at the rodeo either. (The rodeo being Design Sponge.) Jennifer's swoon-worthy Jamaica Plain home and workspace, along with her charming cards and calendar, were featured on the site back in June of 2008.

Check out Jennifer's blogpost, which includes relatively easy instructions, here.

Ps. I also want her dresser. And her rug. And her honeymoon suite.

Image: JHill Design via Design*Sponge

No comments: