Monday, November 1, 2010

Wallpaper, Inc.


C'est Magnifique Wallpaper by Anthropologie
I just returned from a short trip to Los Angeles where I visited my friend Amy and spent a lot of time fantasizing about how I would decorate her amazing new house. She is doing a wonderful job on her own but you know how I am...

One of the small victories of my trip was convincing her to wallpaper a wall in her kitchen which then led me to go a little overboard researching sample designs while she was at work one morning.

Blazing Poppies Wallpaper by Anthropologie
I decided to stray from my usual go-to wallpaper sources like Walnut, Ferm Living and Cole & Son, and I am so glad because it led me to Anthropologie's excellent collection. Just like the rest of the store's inventory, their wallpaper is delicate and girlish with a hint of charm. Traditional floral and filigree mix here with Shakespearan scribbles and a pattern of miniature tea cups that mimics penny tiles. My two favorites are the French-themed C'est Magnifique and floral Blazing Poppies designs. Although they aren't necessarily appropriate for a kitchen, I just adore the fun pattern of the former and the bright, saturated colors of the latter. I would love to take a bath surrounded by the Eiffel Tower or wake up to those cheerful poppies in the morning.

I also found some good ideas for Amy's kitchen, which is currently under renovation. She has a Black & White theme and a style that is simple and slightly retro but I know she has a tendency toward floral and nature-inspired patterns. Here are some of my favorites:




McGegan Rose by Timorous Beasties

A Stone's Throw Away by Oh Joy! 
Serious Bokay by Nama Rococo
Images: Anthropologie, Timorous Beasties, Hygge & West and Nama Rococo

No comments: