Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Accessories rule my life.


We have been making plans to paint the living and bathroom and I suddenly realized despite all my talk of saturated color and bold wallpapers, my first impulse has always been to paint everything white. I blame it all on my ardent love of accessories- if everything else is white the artwork, vases, lamps, etc. are the main focal point of the room! This could also be due to the fact that I can never afford really nice furniture and so I must rely on the little things to draw all attention away from the sagging couch or faded armchair.

I saw this living room designed by Jonathan Berger over at Decorno today and I immediately fell in love (admittedly, mostly because I have have have to own that ikat chair!). The room is light and airy and that makes the bright flowers and bold patters on the furniture stand out that much more.

Image: House Beautiful via Decorno

No comments: