Friday, May 29, 2009

Kitchen Blues (and peaches)


My least favorite aspect of our new apartment is the backsplash in the kitchen. The tiles are cream with peach colored trees painted on them. They look as if they belong in the bathroom of a 70-year-old woman who owns a pekingese and a special drawer for potpourri. Seriously. It was almost a deal-breaker for me. It was even worse than the no-closet situation. (We'll get to that problem later.)

A few weeks ago, the blogs were abuzz when Victoria Smith of SFByBay fame was featured in the Better Homes & Gardens interest publication Do It Yourself. Victoria's charming San Francisco Apartment. You may remember that I died over her living room a few months ago. Now I am dying over her back splash. It's not very bold and it doesn't make a big statement, but Smith's decision to use laminated paper in her kitchen has changed my life. It's all I can think about. I have already logged about two hours on the Kate's Paperie website trying to locate the perfect paper to cover those peach painting from hell. Now all I have to do is convince my roommate...

Harder said than done!

Image: Do It Yourself via Poppytalk

No comments: