Monday, March 2, 2009

I must have a lot of time on my hands.


So I used to be all obsessed with that 'Keep Calm and Carry On' poster. You know, the one that's basically in every Domino spread and every sneak peak on AT and Design Sponge. I loved it mostly because it was so simple and came in a variety of colors. Plus, I have a thing for crowns. Of course, it was culturally and economically relevant as well but yeah I mostly just liked the design of it.

The other day I was staring at my walls (it's what I do best) when my mind wandered to that poster and upon further reflection I realized that it just isn't for me. First of all, I'm not really a 'keep calm' type of person. I'm prone to dramatic fits (big surprise). Second of all, rather than 'carry on', I am more likely to wallow in a pit of doom until something more glittery catches my attention- like my roommate's new green spatula. 

Sorry Miss Jackson but I need a different poster. 

Perhaps one that says:  STOP NOW AND FREAK OUT 

Quick, who can make this for me??

Image: Pressureless on Etsy

1 comment:

jae said...

woohoo! green rubber spatula!