Monday, September 19, 2011

Sconey Scone Scones

This is what they should have looked like.
This past weekend I had a very packed schedule that involved fun things like dinners with friends but also boring things like laundry and cleaning the bathroom and finally throwing away the over-sized hoodie that takes up almost a full drawer of my dresser. So what did I do with this long chore list? Why I baked apricot yogurt scones, of course!

This absurdly easy recipe was featured on The Kitchn back in April and I've had it saved ever since. I fancied it up and made a light lemon glaze with 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and 3/4 tsps lemon extract instead of the 1tsp vanilla extract in the recipe.  The result was mind-blowingly good if I do say so myself.  Unfortunately, they didn't look as good as they tasted- mine came out more like lumps of fried chicken. Guess I need to work on my presentation skills.

HERE is the recipe in case you also have laundry to do and would like a distraction.

See? Not so pretty. Sigh.

Images: Emma Christensen for The Kitchn, Mia G

3 comments:

jae said...

it's more important how they tasted than how they looked! that's just one pastry chef's opinion.

mia g said...

Thanks, Jess! Luckily, I have a personal pastry chef to give me tips and I now know how to improve them next time.

mia c said...

and in a month there will be a talented photographer who might be willing to take a flattering picture of your foods in exchange for eating them living very near you...