Thursday, August 25, 2011

I never liked the name Irene


Everyone's freaking out about the hurricane but I prefer to think of it as an excuse to stay home and attend to the domestic chores I've been ignoring. For example, baking. Wouldn't it be helpful to have some delicious blueberry crumb bars during a treacherous storm? What else would one eat- cereal?!?

What are we, farmers?!?

Emily over at Cupcakes & Cashmere made these treats last year from a Smitten Kitchen recipe and I've had them bookmarked for months. They look filling and contain enough blueberries to convince myself that they are, in fact, healthy.  Wouldn't they be delightful with some coffee and perhaps a side of crispy bacon?

Also on my list: changing my bedding, an art project, painting an old mirror and lounging about with some magazines.

Image: Cupcakes and Cashmere