Monday, December 20, 2010

Sniffles.


I don't take sick days often because I have major guilt complexes and feel like the world might stop spinning if I neglect to go to work but I've been under the weather for the past week and so a proper sick day was in order. Sick days are fun because, as long as you're not on death's door, it feels like a treat. You can stay in bed all day and not feel guilty and you can ignore the pile of laundry because-hello, you're too sick to do laundry.  My most recent sick day gave me a lot of time to think. Actually, that's not true, it gave me a lot of time to lay in bed watching Damages and dozing off to have terrifying nightmares about Glen Close. However when I wasn't doing that, I tried to make the most of my time off by planning ways to use the time wisely and not just laze about until suddenly the day is over and I've forgotten to enjoy it.  It was probably the best day of my life. For serious, you guys.

First of all, I drank tea and read design blogs all morning. Then I made chicken soup and watched everything on my DVR. Then I worked on one of my scripts. Then I drank more tea and read Vogue. After I worked up the energy to take a shower, I settled back into bed and spent the rest of the evening watching TV and catching up on correspondence. Overall, a very productive yet relaxing day. Perhaps I should make this a regular occurrence.

Image: Fifi Lapin

No comments: