Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Belated Travel Diary

So, last October, I spent a long-weekend in Los Angeles with some of my favorite friends. My friend Amy lives in the most charming house and I spend my spare time decorating it in my head. My ideas change with the weather and my mood but basically, I envision most of it to look like a lighter, airier version of Nanette Lepore's living room which was featured on CasaSugar a few months ago.

 

Lepore enlisted the help of pop design god Jonathan Adler and the result is an  eclectic mix of style and texture which perfectly reflects the designer's love of all things ladylike yet whimsical. ( I know, I usually hate that word too but you gotta admit, it applies here.)  My favorite part of the living room is obviously the crystal ship but the portrait of Eva Peron is a close second. I'm thinking I need a similar portrait for our apartment...perhaps of Elizabeth Taylor? 

Image: Elle Decor via CasaSugar

No comments: