Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Living Room Inspiration

Our new living room is quite small and so the major challenge will be to find a way to incorporate all our styles into one tiny space without sacrificing comfort.  I still have to work out the details of our little dining room area, which is essentially one corner of the living room, but in the meantime I thought I would share some basic ideas for the living room section.

Three things I want to keep in mind when designing this space:
1) There is now a boy living with us
2) We can't afford to replace our orange couch so the color scheme will have to work with it
3) We will need to incorporate a rug (finally!) as stipulated in our new lease.

My roommates claim they are going to give me free reign, which is very brave of them as they are well acquainted with my enduring passion for sequins and the color pink. Overall, I want the room to feel casual but tailored with clean lines and a few mid-century accents. My roommates have a lot of Brooklyn pride and so I want to figure out a way to incorporate that without relying on maps or other paraphernalia that feels tired or overused. Also we have a giant old TV that will need a sturdy media console, at least until we can trade it in for something sleek and flat-screened.

Here's what I've come up with so far:


Make your own mood board over at mydeco.com!

No comments: