Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Office Space

 I adore this home office featured on Turquoise, Tulips and Bliss! I'm inspired to swap my dirty white walls for a dark hue and my heavy, ornate desk for a lighter, more modern style. Also, that ghost chair could come in handy in my tiny corner where other chairs crowd the space. 

I've been thinking a lot about my desk situation lately. That  particular corner of my bedroom is very cluttered because I have an obsession with notebooks and so they are everywhere. Also, I can't bring myself to throw away anything and so the space under my desk is crowded with bins of papers and notebooks and things that should be hidden away in flat files or storage bins. I like the idea of shelving though so perhaps my best option is to install some shelves above the desk and get rid of everything underneath. I could get some cute magazine holders like these:
 

My other idea is to store hanging files in a storage ottoman like this one, which can then double as a desk chair:


Or maybe I should just give up and buy an actual filing cabinet like this: 



No comments: